100 gr Spring onion
BEEF STEAK WITH SWEET POTATO
BEEF STEAK WITH SWEET POTATO MASH AND WILD MUSHROOMS
Fresh basil leaves
1 fresh basil leaves
300 gr mushrooms
300gr Beef meat
100 ml cream
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil over a medium heat.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into smaller pieces.
- When the water boils add the cut sweet potatoes to the water and lower the heat.
- Simmer for 15 minutes or until the sweet potatoes can be easily pierced with a knife.
- Drain the sweet potatoes and return to the pot.
- Mash the sweet potatoes with a potato masher.
- Add the sour cream (or low fat cream), fresh chopped basil, chopped spring onions and fresh black pepper.
- Grill the beef steak.
- Put the beef steak on a plate and let it ’rest’ for 5 minutes.
- Put the wild mushrooms in the heated pan, add fresh black pepper and ‘fry’ for 5 minutes.